Dean of Graduate Admission
Position Overview: The Dean of Graduate Admission reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and is a member of Merrimack’s senior leadership team. The Dean of Graduate Admission will work closely with the Vice President to develop and refine a robust and innovative enrollment strategy designed to meet the graduate enrollment goals of the institution. Working in close collaboration with Enrollment Management & Student Affairs colleagues and key on and off-campus constituencies, including the Academic Deans, the Dean of Graduate Admission will lead the graduate admission team and will be responsible for the development, implementation, and assessment of a goal and mission driven strategy throughout all phases of the graduate student enrollment lifecycle. The Dean will have the strategic, managerial and entrepreneurial experience necessary to provide exemplary leadership in a complex, fast-paced environment with high expectations. This institutionally critical role requires a leader who will be a creative thinker with a competitive spirit, and strong character who is adept at building strong partnerships and a high-performance team focused on innovation and excellence.
- Ability to proactively analyze complex situations and issues and to work creatively, using a variety of quantitative and qualitative tools, to inform decision-making and devise strategies for addressing specific admissions and enrollment-related situations.
- Experience leading, inspiring and engaging a team of people.
- Understanding of predictive modeling and net tuition financial aid leveraging strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage fiscal resources through budget planning and fund management.
- Ability to quickly accept and manage change and thrive in a fast paced, growing and changing organization.
- Ability to focus on specific quantifiable goals and deliver goals on a consistent basis.
- Ability to proactively analyze complex situations and issues and to work creatively, using a variety of quantitative and qualitative tools, to inform decision-making and devise strategies for addressing specific admissions and enrollment-related situations
- Master’s degree required and/or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in graduate admission with a proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding enrollment goals.
- A strategic and dynamic leader with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the private higher education admission effort.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and multicultural skills with the ability to work collaboratively and establish and develop long-term relationships with prospective students, families, counselors, alumni and others.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task responsibilities at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage fiscal resources through budget planning and fund management
- Understands technology and is capable of using technology efficiently and effectively. Experience with Slate a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively document policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours and extended days with the ability to juggle competing priorities effectively.
To Apply: This is a full time, fiscal year position. Please apply with resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.